Thursday, March 31, 2011

Assignment 4 - Color Scheme



For this project, I chose a photograph of a parrot I took while in Costa Rica. I loved the beautiful contrast of the blues and cyan with the yellows and oranges. I adjusted the levels, saturation, exposure, etc. For the background, I used a photograph of a forest that was also from Costa Rica. I adjusted the levels, brightened it, changed the tint with Variations, etc. Based on the color wheel, by adding the green background with the complimentary blue and yellow, the scheme I used is in the middle between a triad or analogic (as described on colorschemedesigner.com, because the angle is 90 degrees). Although the colors are bright, they all come from nature and bring out the tropical spirit of the photographs.

Here versions of the original photographs:


No comments:

Post a Comment